Philanthropy

 

When Edward J. Gerrits first began his business in 1945, he "enforced" the philosophy that "YOU MUST GIVE BACK." That philosophy was not only copied throughout the family, but felt and believed by every employee throughout the years. For over 70 years Gerrits has made a positive impact throughout the community. 

  • Marquette University - Fully Endowed Teaching Chair
  • Miami-Dade College - Fully Endowed Teaching Chair
  • Foundation of the Coach's Trophy - Originally the Coach's Trophy was called the "Gerrits Foundation Trophy." Each year the winner of the College national championship football team would be awarded a full college scholarship to a non-athletic scholar. Once again "Giving Back"—athletes GIVING to non-athletes. 
  • Leprechaun Boxing Gym - As part of helping the community, Gerrits Construction, Inc. opened a working boxing gym that not only trained professional boxers, but was also open to anyone in the community. This was an effort to keep kids off the street and give them a place to go.
  • Lynn University - Over the last twenty-eight years, Gerrits Construction, Inc. has not only been the major sponsor for the Robino Golf Classic but has contribute over 1.5 million to various projects  throughout the campus. including the Patrick Gerrits Tennis. Gerrits Construction has earned a spot in the E.M. Lynn Society membership, the university's most distinguished group of benefactors for their cumulative gifts. 
  • Broward College Foundation
  • Jupiter Medical Center Foundation
  • The Coach's Trophy Induction to the College Football Hall of Fame - The Gerrits Family Foundation donated a replica of the Coach's Trophy to the College Football Hall of Fame.
  • Palm Beach State College Foundation
  • The Dwight Stephenson Foundation
  • Miami Jewish Home & Hospital For the Aged
  • Mercy Foundation
  • Miami Children's Hospital Foundation
  • VSA Arts of Florida
  • Wellington High School
  • Miami Dade Police Athletic League
  • Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital
  • Els for Autism
  • St. Thomas University